Running an online business is a challenging task especially when you have to compete with large firms that have endless marketing budget to empower their business. So, you have to think out of the box to stay above in a highly competitive business.
This is where Google Adwords come in. It includes things such as advertising on keywords using the paid search and advertising on display channels. In addition to this, remarketing is another way for Google AdWords to leverage the paid searches that even turns to get higher ROI for online advertising.
What Is Google AdWords?
Google Adwords is the most effective marketing strategy among businesses. Google AdWords is an advertising network of Google that allows the company to place a bid for keywords to show on the top in the search results as ads. Google earns on these clicks that business or advertisers will pay for. Below, you will come to know how to use Google AdWords for your business.
Google AdWords For Beginners
Keywords & Audience Research
Understanding the level of demand for your product or services is the initial step to implement this strategy in your marketing efforts. With the help of Google’s several targeting options, you can display your ad to potential customers. For this, you have to filter your audience by age, keywords, geographical location and more.
You may also need to select the time of day to display your ad to the targeted audience which turns out to be beneficial for local business because most mobile users that conduct the local search end up becoming your customer. When it comes to research targeted keywords make sure to follow the below tips:
- Use Google’s keywords tool
- Choose the keywords carefully on the basis of cost, quality score, search volume and relevance.
- Don’t use only broad match keywords.
Create Your Account Structure
You will have to take time to correctly set up your AdWords account so that you can manage it efficiently after starting advertising. Make sure to be clear how many campaigns you need, however, you can create various campaigns. The reason behind choosing the multiple campaigns are:
- Different Products & Services
- Various Budgets
- Geographical Locations
Within each campaign, you will have to build at least one ad group that is a collection of targeted keywords and ads. You can also go for the three ad groups per campaign.
Create Your Campaign
Now, you are ready to build your campaign, so you will need to choose the below:
- Search & Display Networks
- Search Network Only
- Display Network Only
First of all, you must know the difference between the search and display network they function differently. The search networks are when you want AdWords Ads display on search result pages for visitors’ query in search engines. On the other hand, the display networks are the networks with more than millions of websites where Adwords can display.
Write Compelling Ads
Focus on the followings to write compelling Ads:
- Know Your USP : Unique Selling Proposition means to explain why the customers should choose you instead of your competitors. By including this in your ad, you can set your ad apart from others.
- Include The Keywords : Ads that include the keywords in the title is likely to get more clicks because Google highlights the keywords in bold.
- Think Like A Searcher: Think like a searcher so that you can better understand what they need to know about your product. Answer the queries that are crawling in their mind for buying from you.
- Remember CTA : Call-To-Action words help to explain the searcher about the benefits that they will get when accessing your site. For an eCommerce site, primary CTA are ‘Buy Online Now,’ ‘Limited Stock,’ etc.
- Follow Google’s Ad Rules : An ad that does not meet with Google rules may not get approval. So, follow the general advertising policies of Google.
To manage your AdWords account, you need to use the correct metrics. AdWords conversion tracking tools help you to find what the searchers do after clicking on an ad. Whether they are going to make a purchase with you or submit an inquiry. On the basis of this data, you will be able to take a better decision that results in profit. After installing the conversion tracking, you will get access to the following metrics:
- Conversion Rate
- Total Conversions
Managing Your AdWords Account
Once you have finished the steps mentioned above, you are further ready to start advertising as well as managing your account. Remember, Google Adwords is not a set it or forget process, you will need to monitor it and maintain so that you can continue to boost your online business.
Now, if you want to know more or need any assistance, contact us at PathInteractive. Whether you are startups or developing businesses, our PPC management professional in Barrie provides effective advertising campaigns for generating more leads and quality conversion rates.